Annihilate the other tanks to earn money, then spend it on bigger and better shields and weapons to wipe out the opposition.
What's New in Atomic Tanks 4.7:
· Shields reactivate properly if they are knocked out.
· Fixed issue where if the first player was neutral they would not receive credit for wins.
· Fixed issue with the credit system where games end in a draw.
· Fixed background drawing code so that if no image is available we now avoid a crash and generate a new image.
· Made it possible to adjust the game's speed in a more fine-tuned manner.
· Shields now reactivate at the end of the player's turn, not the beginning.
· Code clean up to remove legacy file support.
· Added patches from CtHx to allow alternative key usage.
· A, D, W, S can be used in place of left, right, up and down. The R and F keys in place of PageUp and PageDown. The P key will work like the ESC key during combat rounds. The H and J key will move the tank, if the player has fuel.
· Added header file needed for newer versions of GCC.
· Fixed header file include code for FreeBSD.
· If Allegro doesn't start properly we now display an error and exit.
· Fixed bug where the height and width command line parameters were ignored.
· If the player has shield power left at the end of the round, the shield item is credited back to the player.
· Tanks should no longer get extra turns during the round.
You'll need to have the Allegro game library installed. Atomic Tanks should compile and run on any platform Allegro works on.
It may also work on Solaris 8 and above (according to http://www.solaris4you.dk). Let me know if you can confirm this, and also if you get it working on any other platforms.
There are Allegro dlls for Win32 and the Allegro source is available for download.
The Allegro libraries are also available precompiled for Linux as Debian packages and rpms.